Accounts Receivable Specialist
Office: Denver, CO
Location: 191 Yuma Street
As part of the finance department this position serves a member association, the Colorado Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) and a non-profit foundation, PetAid Colorado (PAC) whose mission is to make Colorado a better place for animals and people. The Accounts Receivable Specialist reports to the Director of Finance and helps support the mission of the organizations through financial processing and record keeping.
Specific Skills You Should Have:
- Assists Director of Finance in preparing for audits, financial reviews, and creation of annual budgets
- Prepares monthly journal entries and reconciliations as assigned
- Prepares EOM financial statements
- Performs a variety of financial assignments and projects, and recommends improvements in business processes and assigned projects
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers all accounts receivable for Colorado Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) and PetAid Colorado (PAC) performing various account reconciliations and works to resolve any discrepancies
- Prepares daily bank deposits for CVMA and PAC and delivers deposits to bank and gets change/petty cash when needed
- Manages CVMA accounts receivable aging
- Processes PetAid Animal Hospital (PAAH) daily sales and manages customer accounts receivable
- Coordinates with practice manager regarding client accounts and fosters a business partnership
- Administers hospital monthly bad debts and accounts to collections
- Works with practice manager to manage accounting errors and refunds in veterinary practice management software
What You Can Expect From Us:
We are very focused on the business and your primary function is to help maximize our productivity and best use of time, which means we’ll be expecting a lot from you. We expect you to keep an open line of communication during projects if you need help or guidance. We have high expectations of ourselves and our staff, and we’ll place a lot of responsibility in your hands.
Pay for this position will vary depending on experience.
We’re looking for qualified candidates only, and a criminal background check and drug screen will be conducted.
We Are Also Looking For:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) in accounting or similar field, and at least two to three years’ experience required. Association and/or nonprofit work experience preferred.
- Relevant experience with accounting software (QuickBooks)
- Proficient to advanced skills in (Microsoft Office, Excel)
- Excellent skills in applying solutions to automate processes and reports
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information with discretion
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Some local travel required
Benefits We Offer:
In addition to a base salary, we offer a generous compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement program, holiday pay, and paid time off.
If You Think This Is You…
Submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Melissa Angel, Director of Administration and Human Resources at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE M/F/D/V/G