Administrative Support Specialist
Office: Denver, CO
Location: 191 Yuma Street
As part of the administration department this position serves a member association, the Colorado Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) and a non-profit foundation, PetAid Colorado (PAC) whose mission is to make Colorado a better place for animals and people. The Administrative Support Specialist reports to the Director of Administration and HR and is responsible for excellent customer relations, extensive record keeping, and assistance in all facets of the operations.
Specific Skills You Should Have:
- Extraordinary personal, written, and phone communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Fanatical attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines
- Dynamite display of enthusiasm, competence and professionalism while representing the organizations at educational programs, annual convention, committee meetings and other events
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All aspects of association member data entry to include: new member additions, and editing existing member records
- Completes various data entry projects for each business entity as assigned
- Research of member related issues to include member record verification, audits of group memberships, and research of payment issues
- Filing and retrieval of documents and correspondence
- Involvement in programmatic and departmental special projects, as needed
- Supports membership in the coordination of mailing packets to new association members
- Ensures the integrity of membership data with accurate entries including all memberships, renewals, and event/program registrations
- Processes all returned mail by updating databases as needed
- Reception area duties include monitoring access to the building and responding to visitors and deliveries, answering the phone, and responding to direct e-mails from the association websites
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records
- Greets scheduled visitors, contractors and conducts to appropriate area or person
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials for meetings
- Creates name tents and name badges for events as needed
What You Can Expect From Us:
We are very focused on the business and your primary function is to help maximize our productivity and best use of time, which means we’ll be expecting a lot from you. We expect you to keep an open line of communication during projects if you need help or guidance. We have high expectations of ourselves and our staff, and we’ll place a lot of responsibility in your hands.
Pay for this position will vary depending on experience.
We’re looking for qualified candidates only, and a full background check and drug screen will be conducted.
We Are Also Looking For:
- An Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional experience with an emphasis in data management and non-profit or association management, a plus
Benefits We Offer:
In addition to a base salary, we offer a generous compensation package including medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement program, and paid time off.
If You Think This Is You…
Submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Melissa Angel, Director of Administration and Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE M/F/D/V/G E-verify Employer