Ten participants will be selected from the applicant pool to participate in the Power of 10 | PM leadership academy. They will join a network of peers in a series of learning experiences that commence in September 2019 and culminate in September 2020 at the annual CVMA convention.
The Power of 10 | PM program exists to drive practice success by improving strengths of the practice management professional in leadership, creation of practice culture, and business performance. The program is designed to build on existing core competencies and amplify them by the Power of 10. Through P10 | PM, participants will:
- Strengthen leadership skills and broaden understanding of practice culture and emotional intelligence
- Deepen comprehension of communication styles and skills
- Develop advanced skills to understand and impact practice financial health and profitability
- Gain the competency to utilize these skills within their life, practice, and community
- Build interpersonal relationships, collaborative and lifelong interactions, and a strong network within the Colorado veterinary community
We anticipate that the Power of 10 | PM class will also create a sense of community and participants will likely build lasting bonds with other members of the leadership academy class.
In-person learning experiences are scheduled to minimize the impact on working hours – and the entire program is designed to garner support from practice owners who recognize their key responsibility in developing human resources.
Participants will receive full tuition scholarships to the program – plus complimentary registration to CVMA Convention 2020, where Power of 10 Leadership Academy graduates will be recognized. CVMA will provide food for gatherings, coaches and the curriculum team, and two nights lodging for the initial gathering in Niwot; participants are otherwise responsible for their own lodging if needed and for transportation to all learning experiences.